Job Title: Worship Leader
Location: San Diego
Job Type: Part-Time Worship Leader.
Compensation: $23.00/hour. 10 hours per week.
- Coast Vineyard is a multi-ethnic and multi-generational church with a desire to provide a safe and welcoming environment where believers can grow in love relationship with God, each other, and the world around us.
Description of Position
- The Worship Leader is a part-time staff member responsible for facilitating and coordinating all musical elements of Sunday worship and other church gatherings involving worship through song.
- The Worship Leader is also responsible for developing and leading a team to help lead worship on Sundays and at other church gatherings.
- The Worship Leader will work with the staff and the senior pastor to build a church environment that facilitates offering praise to God and actively connecting with God through the Holy Spirit in a way that reflects the mission and values of the church.
- A follower of Jesus who is fully committed to cultivating an overflowing inner life with Him, is actively involved in the life of the church, and demonstrates servant leadership by promoting others above self in the church.
- Must uphold and support the core values of Coast Vineyard and be committed to the mission and vision of the church.
- Proficiency in guitar or piano and vocal performance.
- Proficiency in the use of sound equipment for Sunday worship.
- Proficiency in leading a worship team in a congregational setting.
- Willing and able to recruit, equip, and lead a diverse team.
- Interpersonal and organization skills to lead a group and be led. The ability to give and receive direction with grace and mercy.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Willingness to learn and grow spiritually, musically, and as a leader.
- Proficiency in scheduling, planning, and organization.
- Provide overall leadership to our worship ministry in partnership with the senior pastor.
- Develop a worship team, recruiting new team members and equipping and developing new and existing team members according to their giftings and skills. The team should include both musicians and people equipped to set up and run sound on Sunday mornings.
- Maintain a schedule of which team members are serving each Sunday.
- Hold regular practices for worship team members.
- Work with the staff on service planning.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and meet one on one with the senior pastor at least once a month.
- Lead worship on Sunday mornings or schedule another qualified and equipped team member to lead. Arrive two hours before service to set up, rehearse, prepare screens, and complete a sound check.
Reports to the Senior Pastor.
To apply for this position please email our senior pastor HERE.